For four decades, Manco Abbott has been headquartered in the beautiful San Joaquin Valley. California’s diverse Central Valley is rich with agriculture, recreation, family, and potential for growth. It is no wonder people call it “California’s New Frontier.”
Manco Abbott understands the region’s real estate environment and market opportunities. Our knowledgeable property management team is determined to use this insight to maximize clients’ investments. We live in this market and know its people. We understand the history and culture of the Valley. We continue to enhance the value of our clients’ properties, while elevating the experience of those who live, work and play here.
Fast Facts about the Eight-county Central Valley Region
- As the number one agricultural region in the country, more than 350 different commodities are produced in the Valley.
- The population is nearly 4 million.
- In 2010, the labor force was almost 1.8 million people.
- There are almost 815,000 private sector jobs—more than 111,000 of which are in manufacturing.
- Major employers include government, education and health care. Growth industries include manufacturing, food processing, distribution and logistics, warehousing, back office and renewable energy.
- The Central Valley has more than $49 billion in taxable sales.
- In 2010, Fresno County’s commercial lease rates were $0.26 - 0.42 NNN, with a total base of 54,741,452 sq. ft., and vacancies of 4,598,282 sq. ft. (an 8.4% vacancy rate).
- Industrial sales prices are $28-$85 sq. ft, depending on amenities.
- The office market vacancy rate in 2011 was 15.9%.
- The average multifamily rent in Fresno County is $818, with 3.2% rent growth and an average occupancy of 93.9%.